Maximizing Guest Experience: How Pre-Arrival Emails Can Boost Hotel Revenue through Local Tours and Activities14. September 2023 • 2 minutes read
In the competitive world of hospitality, providing exceptional guest experiences and maximizing revenue go hand in hand. One often-overlooked strategy for achieving both these goals is the use of pre-arrival emails. These carefully timed and personalized messages not only enhance the guest experience but also present a golden opportunity to promote and sell local tours and activities. In this blog post, we'll explore the benefits of pre-arrival emails for hotels and how they can effectively market and sell local experiences to their guests.
The Power of Pre-Arrival Emails
Pre-arrival emails are a valuable communication tool that allows hotels to connect with guests before they even step foot on the property. They serve several key purposes:
- Setting Expectations: Pre-arrival emails can provide essential information such as check-in details, parking instructions, and policies. This helps guests feel well-prepared and minimizes potential inconveniences during their stay.
- Personalization: Hotels can use guest data to personalize these emails, addressing guests by name and tailoring content based on their preferences and previous stays.
- Building Anticipation: These emails can help build excitement and anticipation for the upcoming stay, enhancing the overall guest experience.
- Marketing Opportunities: Pre-arrival emails provide an excellent upselling opportunity to market additional services and experiences, such as local tours and activities.
Selling Local Tours and Activities
Now, let's focus on how hotels can use pre-arrival emails to promote and sell local tours and activities:
- Personalized Recommendations: Based on guest profiles and preferences, hotels can suggest relevant local tours and activities in their pre-arrival emails. For instance, if a family with children is checking in, recommendations for family-friendly activities can be included.
- Exclusive Offers: To incentivize bookings, hotels can offer exclusive discounts or packages for local tours and activities to guests who book through the pre-arrival email.
- Highlight Unique Experiences: Showcase what makes the local tours and activities unique. Whether it's a guided historical tour, a culinary adventure, or an outdoor excursion, describe the experiences vividly to pique the guests' interest.
- Seamless Booking: Make it as easy as possible for guests to book these experiences. Include clear call-to-action buttons and links that direct them to the hotel's TourDesk Sales Portal
- Provide Contact Information: In case guests have questions or need further information, include contact details for the hotel's concierge or guest services team.
- Social Proof: Share positive reviews or testimonials from previous guests who have enjoyed the suggested tours or activities to build trust and credibility.
To gauge the effectiveness of pre-arrival emails in selling local tours and activities, hotels can track key metrics, such as the click-through rate on tour links, the number of bookings generated through these emails, and revenue generated from these bookings.
Pre-arrival emails are a powerful tool for hotels to enhance guest experiences and boost revenue by promoting local tours and activities. By personalizing recommendations, offering exclusive deals, and making booking seamless, hotels can provide added value to their guests while tapping into an additional revenue stream. Embracing this strategy not only benefits the bottom line but also strengthens the hotel's reputation as a provider of exceptional guest experiences. So, next time you send a pre-arrival email, remember the potential it holds for both your guests and your business.